Shop 1, 41-43 Knox Street, Belmore 2192 Phone: 02 8065 1197 Email: email@example.com
Work With Us
Speech Pathologists! Accelerate your Potential!
Speech in Focus, Speech Pathology Services’ vision is to have a powerful and enduring impact on a person’s well being through our knowledge and skills in communication and swallowing. Together, we strive to become amazing and compassionate health professionals by optimising our learning and experiences, actively supporting each other, and harnessing and utilising every opportunity.
Our mission is to be a service that works in partnership with individuals. We are focused on their holistic needs and how we can jointly achieve a realistic and measureable impact on their lives. We are excited by achieving outcomes and recognise that we are privileged to be part of their journey.
Established in 2010, and have grown to become an award winning family centred practice. We won the 2019 Canterbury Bankstown Local Business Awards for Health Improvement Services, and are the 2020 Local Business Awards Finalists. We are a registered NDIS provider who has recently passed audit. Speech in Focus, Speech Pathology Services operates Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Join us to provide speech pathology services to include assessment and intervention to individuals across the lifespan who experience speech, language and communication needs, these include speech sound disorders, fluency, language delay, language and learning difficulties, autism, adult communication and dysphagia. We deliver a hybrid services within the clinic, telepractice, school and aged care facility visits.
Your professional skills will be optimised through a structured on boarding process, with clinical shadowing, collaboration, and professional development both individually and as a team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provision of speech pathology services to clients and their stakeholders (family members, schools, allied health professionals, NDIS agencies, medical practitioners, support workers).
- Develop treatment plans and produce case notes within best practice guidelines.
- Provide reports and communicate with written correspondence.
- Participate in production of resources for health promotion, marketing and client related needs.
- Accountable to Clinical and Practice Directors for caseload management, and key performance indicators.
You will enjoy and benefit.
We have a strong reputation for our professional standards with referring health professionals, NDIS partners and clients. This means your professional skills and contributions will be respected and appreciated by your team members, referrers and clients.
Powerful and committed leadership!
You will benefit from having a stable and committed leadership that welcomes you as a valued health professional. The practice continually revises its resources and systems to suit the needs of the practice, team and clients. You will be part of a team that has the tenacity and confidence to implement evidence based practice.
Intimate and experienced team!
You will be working with highly experienced speech pathologists, in an intimate team environment where together we will be challenged, supported, nurtured, and coached to grow each others’ skills.
Automated and integrated systems!
Our systems are automated using practice management software, networked emails and digitized resources, with access to well resourced equipment.
Paid professional development & Negotiable salary!
We offer a negotiable salary which is above the award rates and a professional development pathway is also included.
Despite having a bustling and thriving clinical environment, this is offset by being located in a peaceful residential area in Belmore, overlooking a park with unrestricted on street-parking. No need to neither look for parking nor pay for it! We regularly meet to enjoy treats, (from a local coffee and nut roaster and Belgian chocolate retailer) coffees, teas and shared meals with lots of camaraderie!
To be successful you must entail.
- A qualification in Speech Pathology and a current member of Speech Pathology Australia. A current Working with Children Check and Australian Federal Police Check.
- A valid drivers’ license and personal vehicle.
- You need to demonstrate a commitment to working ethically using best available evidence and abide by Speech Pathology Australia's Code of Ethics and NDIS Code of Conduct.
- The ability to operate as a team member, whilst be willing to accept direction and coaching.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to be coached to manage your time effectively.
- Varied clinical experiences in providing assessment and therapeutic services to a combination of the following: autism, complex communication needs, developmental disabilities dysphagia, language and learning difficulties, adult acquired communication difficulties, speech sound disorders, and/or stuttering.
- A commitment to measurable outcomes and tackle intellectual challenges.
- The values to act with integrity and powerfully impact on a person’s well being and their world.
- An appreciation of subtle improvements.
- The capacity to develop rapport and engage with a diverse range of clients.
- You must present as well groomed, and respectful.