Shop 1, 41-43 Knox Street, Belmore 2192. Phone: 02 8065 1197. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Speech in Focus, Speech Pathology Services we work with you and your child from the time of early diagnosis through to adolescence.
The aim is to develop skills in a range of areas:
- joint attention
- turn taking
- transitioning from tasks
- using visual symbols to communicate
- using visual systems to understand their world
- understanding language concepts
- learning to take perspective
- understanding how to communicate through spoken and written language.
- designing visual schedules to help with daily routines.
Each individual's goals are sensitive to their needs, their circumstances, and most importantly celebrating their interests and unique learning styles. We want to make changes that bring out the best in the person.
This is a simple schedule that is used. It shows the child what we will do now (first) and what will happen next (then). It helps with behaviour support, understanding the routine, or helping them to end an activity.
For individuals with Autism and Developmental Disabilities, scripts provide an essential structure. Scripts help with making sense of their world. Visual learners do best when they can see the information. It helps when visual scripts have a clear beginning, middle, and end to an activity.